Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
These fluffy vegan pumpkin biscuits are flavored up with savory fresh rosemary, nutmeg and a hint of olive oil!
Looks like I’m all about the rosemary this week. And why not? It’s one of my favorite savory herbs to keep in the fridge when the weather chills down. I’m also really big on putting rosemary into baked goods, both sweet and savory.
These biscuits are savory, despite the inclusion of pumpkin and a bit of nutmeg. I keep seeing recipes for sweet pumpkin biscuits on Pinterest, but I wanted a savory pumpkin biscuit that I could serve with Thanksgiving dinner, and so, these fluffy little guys were born.
These are meant to be a Thanksgiving biscuit, so they’re a bit richer than my norm, with a good amount of vegan butter, as well as a bit of olive oil, just for flavor (rosemary + olive oil is the best!). My husband and I actually made a vegan biscuits and gravy dinner out of these and my whiskey mushroom gravy, one evening when we were in serious need of comfort food. It was delicious, so give it a try if you feel like giving both recipes a trial run before the holiday.
from vote Print
Rosemary Pumpkin Biscuits
These fluffy vegan pumpkin biscuits are flavored up with savory fresh rosemary and a hint of olive oil. They make a perfect addition to a holiday table! CourseSide Dish CuisineAmerican Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 14 minutes Total Time 29 minutes Servings 18 Calories 100 kcal
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1cupwhole wheat flour(or another cup of all-purpose)
- 2tablespoonsfinely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 5tablespoonsvegan butter
- ¾cupcanned pumpkin puree
- ½cupunflavored soy or almond milk
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flours, rosemary, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Use a pastry cutter or a couple of butter knives to cut in the vegan butter, until the mixture is fine and crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, stir together pumpkin, milk and olive oil.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the pumpkin mixture. Stir until fully blended and a soft dough is formed. Knead the dough a few times with your hands, adding a sprinkle more of flour if it seems too moist, and a dash of milk if it seems too dry.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and roll to about ½ inch thick using a floured rolling pin.
- Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter or a drinking glass to cut the dough into rounds. Place the dough rounds about 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until fluffy and just lightly browned on top, 12 to 14 minutes.
Nutrition FactsRosemary Pumpkin BiscuitsAmount Per ServingCalories 100Calories from Fat 46% Daily Value*Fat 5.1g8%Saturated Fat 0.8g4%Sodium 108mg5%Potassium 154mg4%Carbohydrates 12.3g4%Fiber 1.6g6%Sugar 0.7g1%Protein 2.1g4%Calcium 40mg4%Iron 0.9mg5%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.« Rosemary Red Bean and Kale SoupOrange Cranberry Crisp »